Thursday, January 11, 2007

Operation Boobjob?

Condi gives us a new term to replace escalation and surge (h/t BarbinMD at DKos):

Hagel: I think this speech, given last night by this President, represents the most dangerous foreign policy blunder in this country since Vietnam, if it's carried out.

Rice: I think that I don't see it and the President doesn't see it as an escalation. What he sees...

Hagel: Putting 22,000 new troops, more troops in, is not an escalation? Would you call it a decrease? And billions of dollars more?

Rice: I would call it, Senator, an augmentation that allows the
Iraqis to deal with this very serious problem that they have in Baghdad.

2 Comments:

Blogger cuznate said...

Also one of my favorite quotes from the hearing:

"Surely the United States is not the one being threatening," she said. "We are not the ones being meddlesome and troublesome in Iraq."

I think I'd ask the Iraqis if they think we might be a touch meddlesome.

And really, did we expect Iran to sit back and do nothing when the nation next door got invaded by a country who regularly makes veiled threats against them? Who the fuck are these morons?

6:17 AM  
Blogger cuznate said...

yeah anon, although i'm no fan of condi i thought the attacks on her on the basis of having no kids were fucking bush league.

1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home